What is MX Musical Theatre?An award-winning weekly Sunday Musical Theatre Training Academy where our hand-picked group of talented performers, train and prepare for a successful career in Musical Theatre coached by West End & Broadway performers and top industry professionals.
When are the classes?We run on Sundays during term time (10 weeks per term, 3 terms per year) excluding school holidays.
Where are we?In the Heart of the West End, in the world-famous RAMBERT Dance Studios on South Bank next to the River Thames!
How does it run?A term provides 36 hours of high quality teaching over 10 weeks; across rehearsals and performance. Students are allocated to groups according to age and/or talent.
How much does it cost?£400.00 + VAT for a 10-week term (36 hours in total). That's just £13.33 per hour!! A £240.00 deposit is required to secure your place.
Who do we teach?Talented young performers aged 10-25 years old; we offer scholarships based on raw talent and potential.
The MXM CultureFind out what being a part of something special is like >
Term dates - SUMMER 2021
- APRIL: 25th
- MAY: 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th
- JUNE: 13th, 20th, 27th
- JULY: 4th (ALL students may be needed from 11a.m-5.30p.m and possibly later*)
- ONE WEEK OFF for Half Term (6th June)
Please note, some dates may be subject to change.
*Due to Covid-19 our plans for the end of term may not be possible but we are making plans to have a final performance for the Summer21 term! Again, we are keeping a close eye on government health and safety guidelines to keep our students and staff as safe as possible.
Term dates - AUTUMN 2021
- SEPTEMBER: 26th
- OCTOBER: 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
- NOVEMBER: 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
- DECEMBER: 5th (ALL students may be needed from 11a.m-5.30p.m and possibly later*)
- ONE WEEK OFF for Half Term (31st October)
Please note, some dates may be subject to change.
*Due to Covid-19 our plans for the end of term may not be possible but we are making plans to have a informal showcase performance at the end of the Autumn21 term. Again, we are keeping a close eye on government health and safety guidelines to keep our students and staff as safe as possible.
Masterclasses run for 3 hours each Sunday during UK academic term time, from either 11am-2pm or 2.30-5.30pm. Each term is 10 weeks. Within each term you can expect:
- Weeks 1-8: Training with LEADING industry professionals – 3 hours per week;
Acting Masterclass – 1 hour each week – you will learn how to approach a script using techniques from different practitioners geared towards an understanding of character, context and delivery.
Dance Masterclass – 1 hour each week - you will learn various dance techniques, working towards a choreographed dance routine.
Singing Masterclass – 1 hour each week – You will learn the basics of Estill voice training, with a qualified Estill Master Trainer.
- Week 9: Sometimes we use these day for a FULL DAY rehearsal (6 hours) – piecing together all your 8 week’s training into a performance
- Week 10: LIVE PERFORMANCE:
- Autumn Term - In-house showcase followed by our annual Christmas charity concert.
- Spring Term - End of term assessments performed to a panel of industry experts to help our students get very specific feedback on the three disciplines..
- Summer Term - End of year performance in a London Theatre to an audience of agents, casting directors and top industry VIPs (plus friends and family, of course!).
Why do more than one term?
- Each term offers a slightly different structure and performance opportunities
- Wider variety of performance and recording opportunities
- Certificate of Achievement for completing a full academic year
- Awards ceremony with West End Stars, Casting Directors and Agents for recognised achievements throughout the year, with prizes!
- Perform at London Theatres, such The Other Palace, Greenwich Theatre, The Royal Court, London Palladium and The Royal Albert Hall
- Build a bigger network of friends and industry contacts
- Push your skills even further!
Taking part in any MX Musical Theatre term provides additional opportunities to perform in extra events, such as:
- CHRISTMAS CHARITY CONCERT WITH LEADING WEST END STARS – St Paul’s Church Covent Garden (Autumn Term)
- WEST END WOMEN - concert with West End leading ladies at CADOGAN HALL
- ROYAL ALBERT HALL – The Best of the West End WITH WEST END STARS
- ROYAL ALBERT HALL – Collabro's Road To The Royal Albert Hall tour
- COLLABRO at the LONDON PALLADIUM
- LIVE PERFORMANCE IN A LONDON THEATRE WITH WEST END STARS – You get to work with and perform with leading West End Stars (Spring Term)
- WEST END LIVE – Perform to over 10,000 people in Trafalgar Square (Summer Term) *Not guaranteed each year*
- END OF YEAR LIVE PERFORMANCE IN A LONDON THEATRE - With an awards ceremony attended by VIPs from the world of musical theatre (Summer Term)
- SONG RECORDINGS – directed by Michael Xavier or a West End Musical Director